Deadline: June 15th, 2019
Editor: Thurston Howl
Word count: Three lines!
It’s time for another Weasel Press poetry collection! This one is centered on furry haiku. If you don’t know what a haiku is, I would suggest researching it. There are a few specific criteria for you though:
Can only be one stanza
Has to be explicitly anthropomorphic
Haiku can be erotic, but there’s no requirement for it either. Treat this as an “adult-inclusive” anthology.
The anthology will feature Japanese translations of everyone’s poems as well as sumi-e art throughout. If you’d like to contribute to the art, just email me at email@example.com.
We will NOT accept:
- Racism, sexism, or discrimination presented in a positive light.
- Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18 presented in a positive light.
- Rape, torture, dubious consent, forced seduction presented in a positive light.
- Snuff or Necrophilia presented in a positive light
- Bestiality presented in a positive light
- If you are in doubt, ASK. Better to ask then to get a straight up rejection! If you are unsure, just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (restrictions borrowed from Voice: https://t.co/MWykJ6RY36)
You can submit up to three haiku, but we will only accept one per author (if any). ONLY USE ONE SUBMISSION FORM. The form will take up to 3 documents.
Reprints are fine, but you have to own full permission of the work in order for us to consider it.
We will not accept simultaneous submissions.
Payment: Authors will receive $5 USD per poem.
Send submissions in .doc or .docx format through Submittable.
We will inform all authors regarding decisions within a week or two after the deadline.
Book will likely be released November.