Red Ferret Press seeks works that do away with the straight, white narrative. RFP seeks bold, adult and erotic works. Send us shit we haven't seen before. Don't send us the normal 50 shades rich dude shit. Get real with your work. Red Ferret Press is interested in LGBTQ works, Furry Literature, Kink friendly material. We're not looking for the romantic beach novels. There's a ton of those on the shelves already. Honestly, we want something that feels real. We want sexual deviancy and desires from the deep dark. Really don't be afraid to push the limits of your work.
Editors note: So I'd like to see us publish more than works where sex is the background. Honestly, I'd like to see sex become the narrative, rather than the side chapter. Set your book up in a sex club or tackle hook ups. Whatever you do, make sex the forefront of your book. If it's not the narrative, then I'm not interested.
Red Ferret Press is only seeking work as of May 2020:
- Authors of Color
- Authors who Identify as LGBTQ+
- Authors with Disabilities
- Current and Former sex workers
We currently publish:
- Fiction chapbooks and Novellettes: up to 30K words, no less than 15K words.
- Novella: 31K to 80K words.
- Novel: Minimum 81K words. NOTE: Weasel Press generally does not accept works that are over 140K words.
We're pretty open to most sexual kinks and ideas, so please don't be afraid to send us your work. But there are somethings we just cannot accept. You MUST keep your work legal. Do not send us stories relating to Non-Con or under age characters. That's not cool, yo.
We're fairly relaxed on what we look at, but there are things that we definitely don't want. Red Ferret Press is not interested in:
- Science Fiction
- Religious Fiction/Christian Fiction
- Erotic horror (this should be sent to our horror imprint, Sinister Stoat Press).
- Works where the focus is on a straight and/or white couple. Straight, white narratives are all too common. You can have white people in your narrative, but queer them, queer the relationship dynamics.
- Paranormal romance (paranormal works focusing on sex are definitely something you can send. We've all wanted to fuck a werewolf before, don't lie).
Your query should consist of:
- A sample of your manuscript.
- A third-person bio.
- A query letter with a brief synopsis of your work, the goal of the work, how you intend on promoting your work, an idea of the audience you're presenting to.